With the changes to General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), we are setting out how and why we store the personal information people provide to us, and what that information comprises. All data captured is used and held in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. You can opt out of any or all of our communications at any point simply by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Securely storing your data
If you have signed up to receive occasional newsletters from Inky Cloak (via the contact form on our website, or on an Inky Cloak audience feedback form, or through participation in fundraising activities) we take that as your opt-in indication of interest in continuing to receive our communications. We include clear instructions on how to unsubscribe from our emails at the bottom of each newsletter.
We hold the following details for everyone who signs up to the Inky Cloak newsletter and other occasional emails:
- first name and surname
- email address.
We retain these details on a database of contacts, an electronic file which is only accessible to the directors of Inky Cloak. We also stores these details on our subscribers emailing list on MailChimp, which is a secure account accessible only to the directors of Inky Cloak.
Using your data
We use the information we have stored about you in order to:
(a) provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may legitimately interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. You can choose to opt-out of contact at any time.
(b) notify you about changes to our service or relevant opportunities. Information about you will be kept secure and it will not be supplied to anyone else without prior written consent from you, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it. Inky Cloak does not sell, rent or trade any personal information supplied by you to any third party.
Updating or deleting your data
If you unsubscribe from receiving further communication from us, we will delete your contact details from our database and MailChimp subscribers’ list. You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold on record about you at any time (such a request must be made in writing, with proof of identity, and may take up to one calendar month to be fulfilled, although we will respond as promptly as we can), and can request this information is deleted or updated at any point. If you would like to do so, please email email@example.com.
Cookies and data transfer
In addition to the above, we collect information automatically about your visit to our website through cookies – small text files that are placed on your computer, tablet or smartphone to help the site provide a better user experience. In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, provide anonymised tracking data to third-party applications and will usually make your browsing experience better. You can disable cookies in your browser if you prefer.
Recognising your rights
Under GDPR, individuals have the following rights that are observed by Inky Cloak:
- right to be informed: you can be informed of how your data is collected, stored and processed in a clear, accessible way
- right of access: you can request access to a copy of your data in electronic form and details of how it is processed
- right to rectification: you are entitled to have your data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- right to erasure or the right to be forgotten: you are permitted to request the deletion of your data
- right to restrict processing: you can request a halt on processing if you object to accuracy or purpose.
- right to data portability: you can request your data in a suitable digital format, sent either directly to you or to a third party
- right to object: you can, in certain cases, object to the processing of your data, eg. in direct marketing
- rights in relation to automated decision making: you can object to potentially damaging decisions being taken against you based only on automated data processing. (Before processing any data requests concerning the above rights, we will require valid proof of identification from the individual before proceeding with the request.)
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact us.
Limited by guarantee
Registered in England: number 9316768
Registered address: 83 Cricketfield Road, London E5 8NR